September 28, 2016

Well, I said the other day that I wanted to do a longer post, as it is nearing the end of the season, and since today went so great, I figured that I would do it today. This entry is also due to the fact that I am on my way to a concert, which gives me time to type this all up. I have the Yoga with me, which has the nice backlit keyboard to make things easier since it is cloudy now, and will be dark soon.

The first time I want to start off this post with is that I ended up falling today. I was pulling the Honda back, and got too close to a wall around a flower bed, and went down on the rock wall right on my tailbone. Needless to say, since it was the first yard of the day, it really made the rest of the day go quite horribly. I worked through the pain and got another 4 yards done as well as moving some patio furniture for someone else.

The good thing is that tonight, and tomorrow, and what, as of last time I checked, into next week, will be wet as rain is coming. Tonight and tomorrow will the bulk of the rain, with around an inch or two, depending on what forecast you check. I can definitely use the rest now! I will be enjoying some time off to let my broken ass recover, as it has a huge crack down the middle.

So, equipment wise, as I usually like to post about every so often, the Honda is at 939.8 hours as of writing this so it is just shy of being 940 hours. The thing is, since getting the zero turn, I am not sure if I will be able to get it to 1000 hours as I thought I would this season. It still have 200 hours on it for the season, as of 935.6 hours. That is quite a lot of time to be behind a mower when you think about it too. That doesn’t count any time that I spent using the Snapper or Craftsman either.

The zero turn is currently at just under 61 hours, but I am not sure of the exact number for that one. That has been treating me well, with some bagging issues early on, but cleaning the deck helped a lot. So, I learned to keep the deck clean, as well as trim cutting first when bagging, and now, I have no issues except on really wet grass. I like that on this mower, it is easy to drop the deck, but I do also have a jack that I use which helps a lot.

I found out how easy dropping the deck was when I tried to change the blades the one day and it was stuck on. I took the deck off, and took it down to where my dad works, and got the blade off. That was when I put on some anti-seize compound as well, so now the blades shouldn’t have any issues coming off in the future. Sadly, even with the deck off, the mower will not fit on my trailer. So that is a planned purchase for next year as I will need it.

Handheld equipment, all the blowers and trimmers, except the KM110, are running great. I need to figure out why it is so hard to start and won’t idle one of these days. I am not sure what is wrong with it, and I haven’t had the time to take it apart and mess with it, but the other day when I went to use it, it was hydrolocked, so I took out the spark plug and drained it out. That is a trick that I learned from days of nitro RC cars when they would flood. After that, I must have spent a good 15 minutes trying to get it started. It finally started and ran very rough for like 2 minutes.

I will post some more in the upcoming few days. I will put tomorrows entry as a separate post.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: